Skip to main content

Week 4 Reflection

 This week we learned about Design Thinking, a very important tool when we are talking about Social Innovation. Sometimes we may have a great cause, we are willing to work hard to fix an issue but have no idea from where to start. Design Thinking helps us to decide what is the best way to approach a project and look for the root of the issue. 

Talking about Design Thinking, something that stood out to me what the 5 whys. The exercise we had to complete trying to find the root cause of the problem was way harder than I expected. I thought I knew what I was working with, I knew what bothered me about my social issue, but WHY did that happened was something I had to really think about. Our reading of chapter 9 also spoke deeply to me because I am very into mental health and social inclusion, since I have a family member who struggles with it. 

  • Why is design thinking an important skill in social innovation?
Design thinking gives us a way to work out big projects, it guides the project in a way that you understand why the problem is happening and how to start working with it. Big problems need to be solved, and the strategies to organize a possible solution is design thinking. 

Comments